Kale Pasta Salad (courtesy of The Pioneer Woman)
Number of Servings: 12
1 pound bowtie pasta
¼ cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
4 oz parmesan cheese
3 tbsp pine nuts
6 cloves garlic minced
1 bunch kale, finely sliced
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
2. Add pine nuts to a skillet over low heat. Toast slowly for 8-10 minutes then set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and garlic over low heat. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Toss with the pasta.
4. Saute kale in the large skillet until partly wilted, about 5 minutes. Toss all parts together. Add parmesan shavings and adjust seasonings.
5. Chill for 2 hours before serving.