Chili Rellenos Casserole
6 – 8 roasted poblano peppers
4 – 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese
4 – 8 oz cheddar cheese
3 eggs beaten
5 oz evaporated milk
2 tbsp flour
1. Place a single layer of peppers in the bottom of an 8 x 8 greased casserole dish.
2. Layer half of the cheese. Cover with a second layer of peppers.
3. Beat eggs, milk and flour together. Pour over the top of peppers and cheese.
4. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Pour on your favorite enchilada sauce and remaining cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
**An easy way to roast poblanos: Line a baking sheet in foil. Place under the broiler until the outer skin is charred. Turn to evenly roast the peppers. Remove from the oven and seal in a ziplock bag for about 20 minutes. Scrape skins and remove the seeds.